The healing clays have gained fame with its unique properties that help in treating the skin infections. There are many different forms of clay and one among them is the Rhassoul clay. Rhassoul clay mask was used in ancient Rome and Egypt people and are still existent. They are used widely in cosmetic industries for preparing soap, shampoo, conditioner, mask, etc.
Where Do They Come From?
The Rhassoul clay is mostly present in the lake beds of the Atlas Mountains in morocco. They are natural occurring clay that is present in the form of clay deposits that remain reposed over a number of years. After mining and taking the clay, they look in the form of a soapy rock.
With refining and purification, it is obtained in the form of a powder that is useful. They are reddish-brown in color and are hence known as red clay, red morocco clay, ghassoul clay, and oxide clay. They have a shelf life of up to 5 years.
What Are The Benefits Of The Rhassoul Clay Mask?
The Rhassoul clay is a term coined after an Arabic word called “Rhassala”, which means washing. As the clay is rich in silica, magnesium, iron, sodium, potassium, lithium, and trace elements, they provide many major benefits. A list of the important benefits includes the following.
- The clay helps in retaining the moisture of the skin by absorbing the oil from the surface of the skin and around the hair follicles. Hence, they are known to benefit the user with a clarified look.
- With its properties of extraction, they are helpful in extracting the impurities from the skin along with the blackheads and make the skin remain smooth and silky by unclogging of the pores.
- They can also be used on the hair to remove the excess oil and impurities leaving the hair thick and strong.
- They have an extraordinary cleansing property and can be used as a substitute for soap in daily cleansing routine.
- By combining it with oats, almonds, and essential oils, they can be used as a facial scrub to help in exfoliation.
- Using it as a shampoo for the hair is said to eliminate the dandruff of the hair.
- They are especially beneficial in treating the arthritis patients who have sore joints. They help in decreasing the inflammation which in turn results in the enhanced movement.
How To Use It?
Usually, the rhassoul clay can be used just like all the other clay. The most common uses include the following,
Facial Scrub- Mix a tablespoon of Rhassoul clay and a tablespoon of oatmeal and form a paste with the help of the apple cider vinegar. Apply the paste to the facial skin and make a gentle massage with small circular motions. This will benefit in excellent exfoliation.
Face Mask- Mix a small quantity of the Rhassoul clay with rose water or normal water to form a paste. Apply it on the skin and leave it until it dries. Once dried, wash it off with a cloth dipped in water. This Will Help In Removing The Toxins And Giving You A Glowing Skin.
Hair Mask- Mix a tablespoon of Rhassoul clay along with ¼ cup of water to form a thin mixture. It has to be applied to the hair and given a gentle massage. Wash it off after 30 minutes of time. Make sure that the applied mixture does not dry completely as it will result in breakage of hair follicles.
Body Mask- A paste of clay and water has to be applied all over the body before bathing and has to be left to dry partially. Once it gets dried, take a shower to feel the smoother skin tone all over the body.
This is all about the Rhassoul clay. If used properly the clay will provide you with many major benefits. It is hence beneficial for those have an oily skin and hair. Always ensure that you don’t let the paste applied get dried completely as it will result in irritation of the skin.